Subtitles prepared by human
ARSENAL The revolution epic story Screenplay by, director - Oleksandr Dovzhenko Cinematography by D. Demutskyi Production design by: Y. Shpinel, V. Miuller Cast: Tymish - S. Svashenko Red Army man - G. Kharkov Bespectacled German soldier - A. Buchma German officer - D. Erdman German soldier - S. Petrov Nationalist - Mikhaylovskiy Nikolay II - A. Yevdakov PRODUCTION of the All-Ukrainian Administration of Photography and Cinematography (VUFKU) 1928 Oh, a mother had three sons There was a war The mother doesn't have three sons September, 12. I killed a crow. The weather is nice. Niki.
- You've missed your aim, Ivan. There exist gases that amuse a human soul. - Where is the enemy? - Everything rushed and buzzed along Ukrainian paths. - Give back, foe, our Ukrainian boots! - For three hundred years I was tortured by the damned Katsap. - Is it about me? Arrived at the post, at ''Volynskyi''. - I can't go further, comrades. Here is a slope. The breaks broke. - You drive? - No. - You drive? - No. - You drive? - Calm down, lads, we'll fix the breaks by ourselves. - By the name of the Ukrainian People's Republic, lay down the weapons! - By the name of the Ukrainian nation? - Who said that? - How to steer the train? Move, Havrylo! - Hey, move, Havrylo! - Hey, move, move up, Havrylo!
- Turn the piston! - I will become an engine operator. - Who? - Who? - Who? - Who? - Demobilized soldier from the Arsenal, I have an honour to come back. - Ukrainian? - Deserter? - Go back, Timish, to the barracks. The time will come and revolution committee will call you. - Let us pray to God for our God-saved free mother-Ukraine... - Orthodox people! Gymnasia pupils! Students! Teachers! Teachers! Co-operators! Actors! - Long live! - Let, let it be! Let! Let! Let it be! - For three hundred years we were... - The Christ will rise from the dead! - The Christ has risen from the dead! - Do you know who Bohdan Khmelnytskyi was? - One of the Khokhol's generals.
- Soldiers! The Central Council calls upon you! - I wonder, can we kill bourgeois and officers on a street if we meet them? - And you are Ukrainian? - Yes, a worker. - Yes, a worker. - We have the congress here as good people do - the first Pan-Ukrainian one. - This is that Ukrainian presidium, which the teacher told us about. - The representative of the Bolsheviks is taking the floor. - We, workers, we support Ukraine too, but we demand factories, land... - The Soviet power! - Let us see how you will commit the self-justice over unarmed representatives of workers and peasants! - Well, good, you say that the power is Ukrainian, than whom land belongs? - And land belongs to lords or peasants? - The floor is taken by general ataman Symon Petliura. - Gentlemen, we have received the greeting from the Black Sea Fleet.
- Do not lie to our brothers and sons, because they'll see soon your reality and you will be cursed by all Ukraine's sons. - Do not rely on the Black Sea Fleet, because we will be the first ones who will aim twenty-inch guns at you. - Gentlemen, this is mistake... I'm voting, gentlemen. - Who is for to considerthis a mistake? - Who is against? Dreadnought Maria! Three apostles! Donbas! Poltava! Bohunians! Taraschanians! Arsenal was listening. Strike. The proletariat is cancelling trains. Arsenal. Well, lads, let us start working! - Come on! - It seems they are shooting already. - I bow low... - I bow down to the raw earth for you...
- And what is the address? - Whom should the letter be addressed to? - He bowed down to the raw earth for you... - And asked everybody of you whether one can kill bourgeoises and officers outdoors if one meets them. - Yes you can! Bakhmach and Nizhyn are flooded with blood. - Hey you, my brothers, comrades in arms... - Served for four years and was in four wars... - And one year as a civil, brothers... - Petliura wounded me by a bullet, and I feel my heroic death. - Bury me at home for a half an hour. I have not seen it for nine years. Hurry up, brothers, Arsenal is dying. - Hey, you, our battle horses! - Hurry up to bury our friend... - The dead fighter of the revolution! - We hear... - We hear, our masters!
- We are rushing on our 24 legs! - Take, mother, we have no time to explain. Our life and death are revolutionary. - Armoured vehicle "Vilna Ukraina" ("Free Ukraine"). - You toppled over our "Free Ukraine". - Stand with your face to the wall so I could kill you in your back. - Can you if I look into your eyes? - And why can I? Seventy second hour. - What weather will we have tomorrow? - We stopped... I think that tomorrow we will be done. We stopped... We moved and then stopped. - Shells! - Where is the father? - Where is the husband? - Where is the son? - Where is metalworker? -We do not have one. - Where is the smith? - We do not have one. - Freeze! Name yourself! - A Ukrainian worker. Shoot at me! - Down! Down... You are wearing an armour, or what? The film was restored on the "MOSFILM" studio in 1972
Music, conductor - V. Ovchinnikov The End
Watch, read, educate! © 2021