Subtitles prepared by human
(Dark green leaves are everywhere.) (It's a hot August day, late in the summer.) (What trip awaits us today?) Wow, what tree is this? Isn't this that bamboo? It's a metasequoia. Is that the name of a tree? - Yes. / - Oh, really? - Meta-what? / - Metasequoia. - This is a metasequoia forest? / - Yes. (This is a metasequoia forest.) A metasof-what? - It's called a what? / - The tree's called meta... How many times must you hear it? Weren't you here with us? Metasequoia. Jongmin, watch it on TV. There will be subtitles too. (Jongmin, watch carefully.) (I'm not a bamboo tree.) (I'm tall and reaching to the skies.) (I let off a subtle phytoncide scent.) (I'm a metasequoia tree.) - Hello. / - Hello. - Hello. / - Hello. You all look nicer and prettier after a long break. It has been a month. I missed you all. We met after a while, and he got plump. It's hard to believe. He gained 6kg.
Are you trying to bulk up? Why are you gaining weight? I don't know. - Then you won't go topless, right? / - I won't. - Too bad. / - That was the last time. (No more going topless.) Today's destination is where we can enjoy the blue sea and green forest. Yeongdeok in North Gyeongsang Province. Yeongdeok! (Yeongdeok) Yeongdeok! DinDin, clap. Yeongdeok! - Come on. / - Jongmin and I were suspicious. - Why? / - We're here because of Seonho. - Why? / - What? (What about Seonho?) We're filming the opening in Yeongdeok? Near Pohang? He's shooting a drama in Pohang. I was suspicious too, then I was sure when I saw his feet as he got out of his car. (What about his feet?) - Yes, look! / - Gosh. (Such comfort) It's like he stepped out of his hotel. He's like a local. Did you come from Pohang? - Of course. / - Yes, that's right. That's why Jongmin and I... Gosh, this is... I've never seen him look this fresh. I knew it.
(It's early in the morning, and he looks fresh.) A one-hour drive is like a daily commute. Is Seonho's condition all you care about? What about ours? (We came this far for Seonho?) (That's not exactly true, but...) (Please support his drama.) Do you have any tricks or know-how to beat the summer heat? What is there? Back in the day, the elderly had no AC. - Just fans. / - Yes. How did you get through the summer? - I bet you had to fan yourself. / - Well... I actually work out even more. - You make yourself hotter? / - Fight heat with heat. How do you work out? Do you just work out at a gym? - I go for walks these days. / - Or... Or I go to the indoor golf gym. There are many ways to work out. You work out just like the other elderlies. I didn't know he'd say he goes for walks. Usually, I... He has the same workout routine as my mother. They both go for walks and visit the indoor golf gyms. For me, I keep drinking water. I try to eat something cool. Cold bean noodles is a great summer dish. - It's nice and cool. / - Gosh. - That sounds delicious. / - That's amazing. - Right. / - Which do you add? Salt or sugar? Right. Let's talk about this.
(A spontaneous voting, salt versus sugar) - This is... / - Do you add salt or sugar? - I add salt. / - Of course, it's salt. - I add salt no matter what. / - I add salt. - I add sugar. / - I also add sugar. - I add sugar too. / - Really? Only Generation MZ must add sugar. - I see. / - Right. (Hold on!) (What's Generation MZ?) (Generation M are people born after 1980.) (Generation Z are people born before 2000.) (In other words, these are the "youngsters".) (The men from Generation XY are flustered.) No. That's not it. I'll give you an example. If you sprinkle salt on watermelons, they get sweeter. That's the same principle. - Why add salt to watermelons? / - Yes. They get sweeter. That's the same principle. - Why add salt to watermelons? / - Yes. - You didn't know? / - People do that. (Gosh. Don't lie to me.) - They really do. / - You didn't know about this. - He didn't know. / - Right. People add salt to watermelons? - Do they dip it in salt? / - Really? - If you sprinkle salt, / - People dip it in salt. it enhances the sweetness. - It maximizes the sweet flavor. / - Right. No. We didn't know because we are from Generation MZ. Kids who are younger than you know that. - I'm too young to know that. / - You are? Hey, does MZ mean "dumb" in Korean? "Dumb." - "Dumb." / - "Dumb." - Only you two are dumb. / - Gosh. Come on. (Only you two are dumb.) So you talked about food. But there's another way to lighten the mood from exhaustion other than having food.
- Playing in the water? / - It's music. Music? ♪ I wanted to stay away from the heat ♪ Like summery songs? (Leaving the frame) Okay. You can go home like that. (DinDin is in a trance and Seyoon looks away.) (Coming into the frame) So the special episode we prepared today is the Summer Song Festival. - Summer songs. / - Summer Song Festival. (Gosh!) (It's the Summer Song Festival!) (Listening to these songs chases away the heat.) (The ultimate collection of summer songs) (Are you ready to enjoy yourselves?) (Let the Summer Song Festival start!) - What are some summer songs? / - Really? To be honest, my CEO's song is the best summer song. - "In Summer". / - Gosh. - "In Summer". / - That's true. Right. ("In Summer" by Deux) (A hit song from the 90s gave birth to many remakes.) (It's a song everyone must listen to in summer.) (The legendary summer song) But people from my generation listened to COOL's songs every summer. (They start singing the song right away.) (Dancing) (He's mastered the choreography.) - He even knows the dance moves. / - What?
- You even know their choreography. / - By the way, Junghoon must've practiced their dance moves at home. These songs were popular when we were growing up. - My song was "City Escape" by Clon. / - Gosh. - That's a great song. / - It's perfect for this show. ("City Escape" by Clon) (Perfect teamwork) - ♪ Let's escape this city ♪ / - ♪ Let's escape ♪ (But these guys from Generation MZ look uninterested.) (But this middle-aged man is so excited.) (Having fun) Look. Only we are laughing and they aren't. (Only the OB can relate to this.) - You should laugh. / - You should. - You should laugh. / - Hey. (He's only 4 years apart from Seyoon.) - I was smiling. / - You should laugh. - Hey. / - Hey. Do you know what he did? I was watching Seonho. Gosh. "I want to join them." He looked like that. Hey. (Chuckling) But for Ravi and me... - We listened to SISTAR's songs. / - SISTAR. - ♪ Touch my body ♪ / - SISTAR. (Swaying his hips) You're good. (Yes, these are the same moves.) (Shutting his eyes) Hey! On this trip, you will be divided into 2 teams of 3. And you will be divided into your teams here now. - Okay. / - Gosh.
To divide into teams, you will play Top Ten Summer Songs. - That sounds great. / - Okay. Great. "Top 10 Songs". Back then, the announcer, Son Bum Soo, hosted the show. That's amazing. ("Top 10 Songs") (The most popular song-ranking show from 1982 to 1998) (It is a big part of the music history in Korea.) Back then, "Top 10 Songs" was the best music show. - It was the best. / - Seriously. That was the most - prestigious music show. / - Didn't Lee Duk Hwa host "Top 10 Songs"? - What? / - What? - "Please." Where did it come from? / - "Please." - That's... / - "Saturday Night Music Show". - "Saturday Night Music Show". / - I see. (This is the TV show Junghoon remembers.) (Please!) (His "Saturday Night Music Show" ruled the 1980s.) (Back then, it was the most popular TV program.) You can't go back in time that much. You should think about what you watched in your 20s. - "Saturday Night Music Show" / - Really? was a real show? - What? / - Of course. - I thought it was / - Of course. just a parody "Infinite Challenge" did. You need it to make a parody. You need a real show. - Do you know what that even means? / - Right. - So that show actually existed? / - Yes. It was a show that ruled the weekend variety shows.
- Really? / - "Saturday Night Music Show". I'm going to show you the top ten songs from the most popular music shows at KBS. They were ranked in the 1st to 10th places in the past. - Okay. / - Gosh. And one of the songs will not be revealed. So you must guess the title and the artist of the song. - That's easy. / - I'll win this one. I will give you a total of three questions. The members that get the right answers will team up. The members who get them right? You are already sweating a bit. The members who get the right answers will get an item that will be useful today. It's an essential item for summer. - Americano? / - A handheld fan? - I'll give you handheld fans. / - A handheld fan? Yes. Seyoon really needs one. (Yes!) (Saying goodbye to summer now would be a shame!) (Let's dive into the cool summer songs.) (Top 10 Summer Songs) All right. Let's start the Top Ten Summer Songs. (Cheering) The 1st music chart will be from 1996. - This is from our time. / - This is from our time.
Okay. 1996. I know these songs. (The era for the older members) That's when I started working as a dancer. I was six back then. Gosh. I was only three. That's when R.ef made its debut. - Then... / - I was 18 back then. The music chart is from the 1st week of August in 1996. - August. It was summer. / - It was summer. Here's your next news. (The summer of 1996 was especially hot.) (People went to the mountains) (and beaches to stay cool.) (The summer vacation spots were crowded.) (These are the songs they listened to back then!) (Let's find out what kind of songs were beloved.) (The 1st week of August in 1996) Tell me the title of the song that was ranked second - and its artist. / - My goodness. This is... I got it. Clon's "Kung Ddari Sha Bah Rah". ("Kung Ddari Sha Bah Rah" by Clon) - "Kung Ddari Sha Bah Rah" by Clon. / - Yes. - That's correct? / - Is that on the list? I guess it's on the list at least. Really? - It was ranked 1st? / - It was in 1st place? (Impressed) - Seriously, Seyoon? / - The tenth place... What? I got nothing though. That's like guessing the tenth place. ("Kung Ddari Sha Bah Rah" by Clon) (It's a mega-hit song) (that rocked Korea when it was released.) (It won the Golden Cup) (after winning 1st place 5 weeks in a row.)
(It's the only song from 1996 that won the Golden Cup.) (Back then, Clon was super popular.) (But Junghoon...) (Time-traveling) (Did he remember something crazy?) - Usually, comedians What is it? / - I got it. "Summer Story" by DJ DOC. "Summer Story" by DJ DOC. I'm sure one of their songs is on the list. (The 1st week of August in 1996) Third place? (The 3rd place, "Summer Story" by DJ DOC) Gosh. No way. What? Hold on. Which song was ranked second? (These OB members seem to be incredibly good.) (It's a mega-hit song of the misfits) (in the music industry.) (It's still beloved as a summer song.) (After Clon won the Golden Cup,) (they won 1st place for 3 weeks.) So all of these songs were from 1996? What about Turbo? No way. Then which song was ranked between these two? - I'll reveal some of the rankings. / - Okay. - You will? Okay. / - Yes. Here's the tenth place. - What's that? / - "Tragic Love". - What's that? / - It's "BB". (They know the song.) (The first idol group that won the soldiers' hearts) (Our dear BB.) Does BB stand for Baby V.O.X? - What? / - No.
Their name was BB. It was a duo. (I was three years old back then.) (Don't you know "Heaven's Land Star's Land"?) - I know the song. / - No. - Back then, they were popular. / - They were amazing. - The female duo. / - Right. The eighth place goes to Kim Gunmo's "Speed". - "Speed". / - "Speed". (Let's go, my friend!) (I can't believe this happened to me) (One, two, three!) (Getting younger) (Their bodies remember the rhythm.) (I'm having a blast!) - This is fun. Aren't you excited? / - Hey. Look. - Aren't you having fun? / - I'm having so much fun. - Wait. I will get it right. / - We know these songs. - It's because we know these songs. / - Gosh. - This is fun. / - It's so much fun. - Otherwise, it wouldn't be fun. / - Right. - Listen. / - You don't know this song? - Let's divide into two groups. / - Let's switch seats. - Hold on. / - Let's switch seats. - We should just team up like this. / - I like this. Gosh. That's the best seat in the house. Wait, no. You should switch seats with him. - Okay. / - No. - You're pretending to be one of us. / - No. It's not like that. - Hey. / - Seonho doesn't have his clique. - I saw your eyes. / - Here's why. I've been observing. The 3 of you are a team. And the 2 of us are a team. - And he's somewhere in the middle. / - Right. (When the uncles are this excited,) (he's excited this much.)
Seonho. - Wait. I got it! / - What is it? What? "Meant to Be" by Solid. - That was before 1996. / - "Meant to Be" by Solid. - That's not a summer song. / - It was ranked fifth. - Gosh. / - Really? ("Meant to Be" by Solid) (This song is about a man who meets his girlfriend) (at a blind date he went behind his girlfriend's back.) Can you sing it for us? One, two, three. ♪ I was told she was gorgeous ♪ ♪ What a festival this is. ♪ (Turning it down) They are singing the song. (Let us have fun with this song.) (Uncles, join us.) (Here we go!) ♪ It's the day of the secret blind date. ♪ ♪ I dolled up and did my hair ♪ ♪ I haven't been on a blind date for a long time ♪ ♪ I thought about what to talk about ♪ ♪ It felt nothing like our date ♪ ♪ I left home while feeling excited ♪ ♪ The weather was great, and I was in a great mood ♪ ♪ Anyway, I was happy ♪ (Anyway, they are happy.) (The 90s was the best!) (It feels like he's gotten younger by 20 years.) - It's not that. / - I'm so excited. Let me reveal the rest of the songs on the list. - Gosh. / - It was so hard. - I can vaguely remember this. / - It won't be me.
Gosh. Seriously. - I have no idea. / - Is it Jo Sungmo? Here's an important hint. A mixed-gender group's song was ranked in second place. - It's COOL's song. / - What? - It's COOL's song. / - I agree. KOYOTE debuted in 1998. And if this was in 1996, it has to be COOL's song. (Right. COOL was the most famous group for summer.) (Was COOL's song ranked in 2nd place?) - COOL. / - But COOL's songs Hold on. It's not "Sorrow". - "Woman on the Beach". / - Is it "Jumpo Mambo"? - Wrong. / - "Beer and Peanut". Is COOL not the right group? It wasn't COOL. I got it. Was it Space A? No. (This uncle got excited and used his head voice.) "Was it Space A?" - Was it Two Two? / - I got it! "The Angel Who Lost Wings" by Roo'Ra. ("The Angel Who Lost Wings" by Roo'Ra) - Wrong. / - Gosh. - It's Roo'Ra's song. / - It's Roo'Ra's song. - I got it! / - I got it! - I got it. / - It's Roo'Ra's song. - Seyoon was faster. / - It has to be this song. - Guys, get ready to have fun. / - I know this song. I know this song. As soon as I answer it, play the song right away. - You know it, right? After me. / - I know this song. We'll start from the right. - Gosh. I know the song. / - I think this is it.
- We'll start from here, right? / - Yes. Right. - It's the song without this? / - No. - Come on. Let me in on it! / - No. - Go like this. / - Okay. - I got it. That's it. / - You figured it out. - We know this song. Right? / - This has to be right. It's "3! 4!" by Roo'Ra! That's correct. (Singing) (The song brings OB and YB together.) (The 2nd place, "3! 4!" by Roo'Ra) (It's Roo'Ra's biggest hit song) (that represents summer in Korea.) ("3! 4!" means even if they fall 3 times,) (they'll get up on their 4th time.) (Like this!) Yes. It goes like this. (Like this.) (The oldest uncle is having the most fun.) Right. (It's everyone's summer song.) - I'm getting sweaty. / - Back then... Seyoon got it right. - Here's the fan as your reward. / - Thank you. - It's fully charged, right? / - Yes. Gosh. This feels great. (They must have had so much fun.) (Sweating profusely) It's so cool now. - "3! 4!" is a famous song. / - Chae Rina was in it. - It never won first place? / - But - it was never ranked first / - Really? - because of / - Really?
the song that was ranked first. - Clon's song. / - "Kung Ddari Sha Bah Rah". - That was an amazing era. / - And DJ DOC's "Summer Story" won first place too. These songs were released all around the same time. Let's come back to recent times. - Right. The songs were too old. / - No. It's okay if I get it wrong, but I want to have fun. - Right. / - No. Let's not come back. Let's go to the World Cup era. Back to 2002. (Back to 2002, the World Cup?) The 2nd chart is from 2008. Okay. ♪ Lollipop, come to me sweetly ♪ No. Not 2008. - I was 15. I was in 8th grade. / - Yes. I know songs from this era. I think I got it too. - Did you say, "2008"? / - What did you do? - I was in the military back then. / - What? You listen to songs the most there. You listen to songs a lot there. - It's my time. / - You listen to songs a lot there. - It's my time. / - Yes. It's our turn now. - I think I was... / - I was filming "East of Eden". I was watching "East of Eden" back then. - Really? / - Yes. It was 2008. - I was watching it too. / - You were watching it? Yes. After I got off my duty, I always watched it. - That's when it played. / - Right. (The music industry showed quite the heat in August.) This time, you will have to guess a song from the 2nd week of August in 2008. Guess the song in sixth place.
(Guess the song in 6th place.) - I'll reveal the 10th place. / - Yes. We'll know then. The song in tenth place is "Energy" by Mighty Mouth. (Surprised) - Hyundo wrote that song! / - Mighty Mouth. Gosh. That was a hit song. (It energized the listeners in that summer.) I can sort of figure it out now. Gosh. This hits the spot now. - Mini-homepages were hot back then. / - Yes. Ninth place is "Don't Go, Don't Go" by Brown Eyes. (The 9th place, "Don't Go, Don't Go" by Brown Eyes) (Gathering the sentiment of the millennials) ♪ I still ♪ ♪ Live ♪ ♪ Like a fool ♪ - You should sing it like this. / - You are having fun. - We're all having fun now. / - This is great. I was feeling a bit distant. Revealing each song is so fun. - Eighth place. / - So this is how it feels. (The 2nd week of August in 2008) ("Disco" by Uhm Junghwa, "Moai" by Seo Taiji) (All the songs except for songs in) (1st and 6th places are revealed.) I've listened to all the songs at least once. This is fun. - Gosh. / - I have no idea. (But you see...) Now that we're talking about songs from 2008, Junghoon - has gotten very quiet. / - Gosh.
(He was having a blast before.) After coming to 2008, it's like he's on a silent strike. You should have let me answer the first one. Yes, I should have. I was too caught up in the moment. - He can't even join us now. / - Right. I got it. Lee Hyo Lee's "U-Go-Girl". - It won 1st place. / - It won 1st place. - "U-Go-Girl" by Lee Hyo Lee. / - It won first place. (Don't think about the rankings.) (This song swept the summer of 2008.) ("U-Go-Girl" was in 6th place?) "U-Go-Girl" by Lee Hyo Lee won first place. (The 1st place, "U-Go-Girl" by Lee Hyo Lee) (Yes. I can dance now!) (They are happy even when they get it wrong.) (What a scene.) What happened? Good job. - A lot of people copied that song. / - Nice job. There was Lee Bong Girl and Lee Yeon Girl. There were so many parodies. - Lee Bong Girl. / - Lee Bong Girl. "All right. Throw it over the shoulder." Something like that. - Lee Yeon Girl. / - This is so fun. - Which song won 6th place? / - 6th place? (All right. Let's get back to the quiz now.) - I should do everything. / - When you were in the military, who was your favorite group? - It was Wonder Girls. / - Really? Girls' Generation and Wonder Girls were hot back then. - They always won first place. / - They were popular. - Wonder Girls were amazing. / - Right.
(Girls' Generation and Wonder Girls debuted in 2007.) (Could one of these 2 groups have won) (1st place in 2008?) - I got it. / - Was that it? I used to be their huge fan back then. "Gee, Gee, Gee, Gee" by Girls' Generation. ("Gee, Gee, Gee, Gee"?) What's your answer? "Gee, Gee, Gee, Gee, Gee". How many times did you say, "Gee"? (Gee) (Baby) (Gee) (There are 4 "gees".) - Girls' Generation's / - "Gee, Gee, Gee, Gee". - "Gee, Gee, Gee, Gee". / - Yes. Wrong. (Then) I got it. "Tell Me" by Wonder Girls. - "Tell Me" by Wonder Girls / - That was huge too. is wrong. Both of them weren't on the chart. "Tell me" came out when I was in seventh grade. The song came out in 2007. - Right. / - At school, other boys asked me, "Who's your favorite member in Wonder Girls?" - They always asked me that. / - Right. It was Girls' Generation for me. "Who's your favorite?" - Gosh. "Tell Me" / - Can you do it? What was their next song after "Tell Me"? - I got it. / - Brown Eyes... "So Hot" by Wonder Girls. - That's correct. / - Gosh. ♪ I'm so hot ♪ ♪ I'm so pretty ♪
(The 6th place, "So Hot" by Wonder Girls) ("So Hot" heated up the Year 2008.) ("So Hot" by Wonder Girls) (The song was ranked 1st in the music charts in 2008.) "So Hot" had won 1st place for 5 weeks - since the first week of June. / - Right. - It was still on the charts. / - I remembered that. (DinDin gets the handheld fan.) By the way, they were amazing. - Right. / - They already won first place. I still remember this. I was giving drills to the trainee soldiers. My junior would call for me. "Please come to the dorm." That meant that they were performing "So Hot". All six drill sergeants were dancing to the song. (Back then, they were crazy about Wonder Girls.) You must've loved them in the military. - Gosh. / - Same here. DinDin and Seyoon will be on the same team now. - What? Gosh. / - They'll be a strong team. All right. Which year will it be this time? We will go to the Year 2011. - I have no chance. / - Junghoon is out! (In utter despair) - Junghoon is out. / - You will be guessing a song from the 3rd week of August in 2011. I really know a lot of songs for August of 2011. - What are some songs? / - I know every song. I was listening to every new song after finishing the boot camp and getting transferred to my unit.
That's when my seniors played every new song. - That's it. I know every song. / - Right. I think I was in college. It was after my military duty and when I was acting like an old fart. I know every song. - I was an old fart. / - After you got discharged? (The use of smartphones) (started to become common in 2011.) (This era of changes brought in a new kind of life.) (The summer songs faced a new genre.) Guess the song in 4th place for the 3rd week of August in 2011. - I know so many songs. / - All right. First of all, BEAST will be on the charts. - It's been a while / - 2NE1's "I Don't Care"? Wrong. "I Don't Care" wasn't on the list. - "Ugly" by 2NE1 was ranked third. / - "Fire". - "Fire". "Ugly". / - "Ugly". (The 3rd place, "Ugly" by 2NE1) And the song in seventh place... (The 7th place, "I Am the Best" by 2NE1) - They were so popular. / - They were amazing. (Humming) - HyunA's song is in eighth place. / - "Bubble Pop". (The 8th place, "Bubble Pop" by HyunA) (Bubble pop) (Private Lim is super excited.) (What's wrong with him?)
- Seriously. / - When I was in the military, I was so shocked after watching that. You know, when I watched him, I was utterly shocked. - Hey, take some Pilates classes. / - Gosh. - His body is a bit stiff. / - My goodness. I thought someone was hitting his hips. - You should do Pilates. / - You should learn Pilates. (Let's proceed with the rankings!) Here's the sixth place. - "Good-bye Baby" by Miss A. / - I see. (The 6th place, "Good-bye Baby" by Miss A) The fifth place is "Be Mine" by INFINITE. (The 5th place, "Be Mine" by INFINITE) - I know this song. / - Right? (Private Lim Cheol knows everything.) The second place is "Roly-Poly" by T-ARA. - It's the 2nd place. / - Right, it's the 2nd place. (Hold on!) - 2PM, 2AM. / - I don't know. I got it. (She nods, and he's correct!) - There's another song. / - You see? I know them all. I was shocked when I first saw it in the military. (Shocked) (If Cheol liked it that much) They are all idols at that time. You must know this. You must know this. SISTAR. (That's right! At that time...) That's right. (There was SISTAR!) (The summer queen that came to us every summer)
(SISTAR) "Shake It" by SISTAR! Wrong. - SISTAR. / - SISTAR. - You should get this right. / - SISTAR. It's SISTAR. What's this song? - There is this song. / - I... (Frustrated) Ravi. SISTAR's "Touch My Body". - Wrong. / - What? SISTAR. It's the one before "Touch My Body". - Ravi. / - I got it. SISTAR's "Push Push". "Push Push". Wrong. Before that. Gosh, fourth place. How can you not know this? - Why don't I know this? / - This is driving me crazy. I think I know this. I must know this. - There's this song. / - I... Da Som used to wear a blue outfit. The title of this song goes well with today's theme. Seriously. I hope it'll be like this today. - Jongmin! / - Ravi! - Jongmin! / - Ravi! - I got it. / - Jongmin said it first. - Jongmin was faster. / - Let's see. - I know this. / - Jongmin. - Gosh, it's over now. / - Okay. - Please say it out loud. / - Hey, it's over now. - You don't know it. / - SISTAR's... - SISTAR's... / - "So Cool". ("So Cool" by SISTAR) - That's correct. / - Goodness. (I just laugh)
(The 4th place, "So Cool" by SISTAR) (SISTAR became the summer queen with this song.) (It ranked 4th as soon as) (it was released on the 3rd week of August.) Right, I know this song. They played SISTAR's "So Cool" in the military. I survived the summer in Cheorwon with this song. (Top 10 Summer Songs, Teams) (Jongmin, Seyoon, DinDin versus Junghoon, Seonho, Ravi) (They're divided into two teams.) - The same teams as before. / - Good. Well, I'm sorry for Junghoon. - Had I yielded the question to him, / - I know. - we could've been in the same team. / - Right. (We could have had a fun time together today.) It's a bummer. All right. We can't leave this out when we talk about summer songs. - Beach? / - We'll set off to see the beach. - Right. / - You'll change into swimsuits. - We'll go to the beach. / - Let's go. - Let's play in the water. / - Okay. (Let's leave quickly) (To the sea) Let's keep singing. - Let's keep singing. / - I feel bad for Junghoon. What a bummer. - He should've been dancing. / - Don't feel bad. - It's okay. / - Okay. Let's go. (Let's go to the sea.) (Changing into swimsuits)
- It's hot. / - Gosh, it's hot. - Summer is... / - Thank you. You're the only one. We have an official announcement. Go ahead, Jongmin. - Okay. / - What's that about? (Did Seyoon and Jongmin discuss something?) - We had a discussion. / - Yes. - What? / - We had a talk. I had a brief discussion with Jongmin - when we came here. / - Right. In fact, each generation has its songs. And today's theme is songs. (Songs? Generation?) If Junghoon is on that team, I'm worried he might not be familiar with the songs that you know. (He's worried about the oldest brother with YB.) So you want me to leave? (Do you want me to leave my team?) - It's his personal opinion. / - That's what he meant. - I'll get off here. / - Gosh. - I'll get off here. / - Calm down. - I'll get off here. I... / - Take a seat. I didn't want this either. Sit and hear me out. - Who said I wanted this? / - Hear me out. Let's talk. Hold on. Just in case... - You can have the fan. / - Right, you have the fan. - The handheld fan is yours. / - No. (Give me two handheld fans.) Give me two handheld fans. (He suggests that he has all the fans.) - Give them all. / - Goodness.
- Take off the fan. / - All right. Then I'll give you Junghoon that you want so much. - DinDin was... / - Suddenly... - He's suddenly turned on the fan. / - What's wrong? Why are you using the fan all of a sudden? (Laughing) (Should we choose innocent Junghoon) (to complete Team OB?) Why would we risk that for Junghoon? (Will they choose precious fans?) Take it off. It's a breach of contract. (This is the end!) Take it off. It's a breach of contract. - Okay. This is / - Take them off and give them to my members. - "My members"? Okay. / - Give them to my members. (DinDin, you're the best.) Take that off, Jongmin. - You can save one person. / - Wait, Junghoon... My gosh. (They became Team YB.) - Team OB! / - Yes! (Team OB) - I wanted to be on this team too. / - Great. Junghoon's face lit up suddenly. (Bright) - I'm suddenly excited. / - So... Since you've all agreed, we'll change teams like this. - Okay. / - We'll go now. (With peaceful Team OB and Team YB) I was really excited when "Kung Ddari Sha Bah Rah" - was released. / - Right, we were all excited. - There were KMTV and Mnet channels. / - That's right. - There was a unique style / - There was a sensitivity.
- of music videos at that time. / - Right. They used to have a big screen in coffee houses. - That's right. / - Right. - We watched music videos / - I know. - while eating parfait. / - Goodness. - And they had telephones on tables. / - They did. - "Anyone called a beeper?" / - Right. (Anyone called a beeper?) We used to watch it. - What are you talking about? / - Seriously? When? - I want to watch that too. / - I... What are you talking about now? (They can't hear him) (because they're in their own world.) We could make local calls in some good cafes. Only my grandpa would use that word, "local call". At that time, when we walked around Gangnam Station... They used to play songs on the street. There were so many illegal tapes. - It was common then. / - They sold it at the stand. - We got them at the stand. / - "Street-board chart". Right, we used to call it "street-board chart". We carried them when we go out. - "Barefooted Youth". / - Right. I remember that. (Talking non-stop) (They are talking endlessly about the old days.) (Singing) - ♪ Let's go ♪ / - ♪ Let's go ♪ (Glancing) Look, we look like three condescending old men. (Laughing) (Indifferent) "They talk continuously."
(We can't stop because we're so excited.) Stop that! Stop that! (The older brothers are excited) (no matter what they say.) (They finally arrive at the sea!) You guys are really good. (It's the sea!) (The sound of cool waves welcomes us.) (What trip awaits us in the East Sea?) (It's normal.) (We filmed according to) (the COVID-19 safety regulations.) Goodness, they're surfing. (They're excited to be at the sea.) I want to ride a jet ski. - We'll play the Lunch Game here. / - Yes! Today's lunch menu is a delicacy of summer that makes you regain your appetite. - It's chogye guksu. / - Goodness. - Chogye guksu. / - Chogye guksu. (Thin ice) (Sweet and sour chogye guksu) I haven't had it before. I heard it's really delicious. We also prepared side dishes that go well with it. We prepared buckwheat crepe and tofu kimchi. It goes well with chogye guksu. It really goes well with chogye guksu. - Okay. Let's go! / - Go! It's invigorating food. The Lunch Game that a complete meal of summer delicacies is at stake
- is Beach Song Sports Festival. / - Yes! - Wait. A sports festival? / - A sports festival? Is it a sports festival? There will be three rounds in total. The team that wins 2 rounds 1st will win. Among numerous summer songs, we picked three songs that go well with the beach. We prepared three games that match each song. The first game is... This is a popular summer song that you can think of when you see the sea. (My sea) UP's "The Sea". It's a popular summer hit song of the 90s. - UP's "The Sea". / - "The Sea". (It's a representing song of a mixed-gender group, UP.) (It's a summer song that was) (popular along with "Ppuyo Ppuyo".) (Ravi who was born in 1993 knows this song.) We got it right. (The oldie even knows its choreography.) (Excited) You know all the dance moves that point to the sky. - We used to point at it. / - Something like this. We'll explain the rule after we set up everything. - Okay. / - All right. (Setting up for Lunch Game) (YB Ravi runs to the sea.) (Splashing) Gosh, it's cool. (DinDin the Kid joins him to play in the water.)
- It's better here. / - This is better. (Giggling) Goodness. - It's perfect. / - This is better. It's so cool. It's really cool. They look like fathers who don't want to go into the water with their sons. (Daddy is tired.) Come out when your mom says your meal is ready. (YB starts playing in the water.) Get in the water. (Screaming) (Cheol is very excited.) (He plunges into the water voluntarily.) I wanted to look cool. Guys, watch our youth. Who are we? - 2 Days 1 Night! / - 2 Days 1 Night! (2 Days 1 Night) (Teasing) Hey, you punk. (You punk.) - Hey! / - This is so nice. (Everything is ready while they play in the water.) I'll explain about the Sea Game. There are flags and pieces of wood. The first player will stand next to the flag near the sea. The second player will stand on the piece of wood. And the last player will stand next to the flag near a water tank. You'll all stand by with buckets. At the signal, the first runner will run to the sea
- To scoop water. / - and fill a bucket with water. He will slash the water to the second player. Do we have to splash water like this? - Splash it? / - You splash the water. - Okay. / - You should deliver it. - We'll receive it from here. / - This way. And we splash it again. And the third player pours it into the water tank. The team that has more water wins. The team that gets more water in 100 seconds will win. - The order is important. / - Right. Which team will go first? - You're wet. You go first. / - They should go first. - They will die first / - Team YB should go first. since they're old, - so they should go first. / - Elders first. How can you be so sure about who'll die first? (Raging) Let's do the one-legged fight. - Let's do the one-legged fight. / - One-legged fight. Jongmin always won the one-legged fight. One-legged fight. (The senior chicken of variety shows, Jongmin) DinDin, you can win. I do cycling these days. You know that I beat him at the leg ssireum, right? Start! (The winner's team will go later.) Start! (Jongmin is out of breath from the beginning.) Start! (DinDin waits for him to come with a stable posture.) (Is Jongmin going to attack right away?) (He misses it.) - Why's he / - What's that?
(He didn't even touch him.) (Collapsing) (Humiliated) - I knew it. We're experienced. / - Good job. - What was that? / - How did you ride a cycle? My legs gave way because of all the cycling. My muscles are not fully recovered. Okay. (Running) He's running. (He plunges into the water for the 2nd time.) (Anyone knows why he's doing this?) He thinks he looks cool if he does that. He keeps doing it to look cool. Okay. (DinDin has recovered.) Seonho took the tough position. He sure was a sergeant. Ready. - He's so fast. / - Let's go. (Coming back at full speed) (Seonho filled enough water and slashed it well.) He splashed it well. (He received a small amount of water.) My gosh. (Ravi splashes a little.) Ravi didn't splash well. He should've splashed it. (A little amount) Go ahead. Hey, don't splash it like that. Right, just like that. No. Gosh, what is he doing? - What are you doing? / - Ravi, you're doing great. Ravi, you're doing great. (It's exhausting.) (Trying hard) - Give me. / - Here.
(Seonho splashes a lot of water.) - Gosh, Ravi is bad at it. / - Okay. Hey, Ravi. That's right. (Ravi only splashes a little.) No. (He's embarrassed too.) Ravi is bad at it. - Ravi is so bad at it. / - How can he be so bad at it? - Okay. / - Ravi is so bad at it. - You can relax now. / - Ravi. (Is he going to fail like this?) Let's go! (Seonho hasn't given up yet.) (Panting) - Ravi. / - Let's go. - I'm exhausted. / - I'm doing a good job here. Hey, Ravi. (This time, Ravi received a lot of water.) Try to throw it like this. - Higher. / - Throw it. Downward. That's right! (Splashing seawater) - That's right. / - Good job. - Right. Turn it over. / - Okay. (Will they get enough water in a given time?) We don't have to do it many times. We just need to be precise. You have 30 seconds left. - Good. / - Yes. When is it going to end? - Throw it as you did before. / - Higher. That's right. (Gosh, he got the hang of it.) How many seconds? - Look. / - No. - Okay. / - He got the hang of it. - He's doing well now. / - But it's too late. - You have 10 seconds. / - We have 10 seconds. Hurry.
- In 8, 7. / - Ravi. The end! What? Okay, it's over now. - Okay, it's over. / - Okay. Let's count the last one. - Okay. / - Are you satisfied? - Are you okay? Are you satisfied? / - I know. Seonho could run back and forth because he has enough strength. It'll kill you guys. (The one who takes the tough position) (is Jongmin of all people.) No, come up here. (He's caught while trying to move in advance.) Jongmin, let's eat chogye guksu. - Okay. Ready. / - The first position is so tough. Jongmin, you only need to do it three times. - Fill it up. / - Just a little. Okay, take it easy. - You're too slow. Hurry. / - No, don't do that. - Okay, splash it well. / - There's no need to run. - It's okay to be slow. / - Splash it. It's okay. (Splashing) (Dripping) You're not doing it right. Good going, Jongmin! - What should I do? Forward? / - Go ahead. - Is this okay? / - You should do better than that. Okay. (They splash and receive it well.) Okay. (Seyoon and Junghoon got the hang of it.) (Surprised) Ryu Hyunjin. (Do it like this.) Good. (Jongmin got used to it too.) (Fatty Ryu?)
(Strike with a fastball) (Catcher Junghoon catches it.) You're a pitcher. (Fatty Ryu is satisfied.) This is unbelievable. (Amazed) (They keep throwing a ball.) (Exclaiming) (A roar of victory?) He should be on the national baseball team. It's so tiring. (Jongmin is utterly worn out.) (Panting) (Stamina) (Hits the bottom.) Why did you throw it? (Panting) (He doesn't have any strength left.) Are we not done yet? Jongmin is exhausted. Gosh. Jongmin, you're doing great. (It's sad, but it's funny.) It's so tiring. (Will Jongmin do well until the end?) - You have ten seconds. Ten. / - Hurry. - Nine. / - Eight, Seven... - Six. / - Gosh. I'm sorry. (Wrapping it up coolly) I'm sorry. (Team OB's Sea Game is over.) Okay. (Panting) His lips turned blue. I can't run in this heat. You might think it's easy, but it's too hot.
It looks tough. But we did quite well too. - Right, you did well in the end. / - Right. We did well in the end. (What will be the result?) Okay. In 1, 2, 3. (At a glance, there's more water in Team OB's tank.) - We're experienced. / - We did great. Great. (Team OB wins!) How could we be so bad at it? The second game of the Beach Song Sports Festival. This song comes to your mind whenever you miss the sea. The songs of the 70s and the 80s. The 70s and the 80s. (It's not the song for Team YB.) A legendary song of that time. - It's the 70s and 80s. / - In 1985... I got it. (He gets the answer right after hearing the year 1985?) - "Lying on the Sea". / - That's correct. (Jongmin is doing great today.) - "Lying on the Sea". / - That's right. (We know this song.) ("Lying on the Sea" by The Treble Clef) (This song won a grand prize) (in the College Song Festival in 1985.) (It climbed back up the chart every summer.) - ♪ Lie down on that sea ♪ / - ♪ Lie down on that sea ♪ - ♪ Become a lonely bird ♪ / - ♪ Become a lonely bird ♪
(Singing) (His body reacts to the song automatically.) - Gosh, I'm sorry. / - What? You know that song. What? You know that song. - I'm sorry. / - ♪ I was born as one ♪ (Throwing a bait) (I give up.) (I can't help dancing to this song.) I'm sorry. (Sorry, I enjoyed it a little.) I think we should divide teams here. We should divide teams like this. As you said, this song won the grand prize - The Treble Clef. / - in the College Song Festival. It's "Lying on the Sea" by The Treble Clef. Wait, the title is a bit ominous. - Hold on. / - "Lying on the Sea"? - "Lying on the Sea"? / - "Lying on the Sea"? - "Lying on the Sea"? / - We've already been there. In this game, Lying on the Sea, just like the title of the song, you have to make other players - lie down on the sea. / - We're going to lose. (Supplies: Boards and paddle gloves) Each member will compete in a 1 on 1 game. While standing on the boards that are floating on the sea, you need to push the other person off the board with the glove that is connected to the paddle. - That sounds okay. / - Right, we can do that. - It's not about strength. / - We should keep balance. Seonho and I are good at it.
I'm okay with it too. What if we can't stand on the board? We can start the game after everyone stands on the board. It's a foul if we sit as soon as the game starts, right? - Then it's over. / - We should stand. It'll be over. (Practicing) It's sinking. (Tilting) (Sinking) Do you have a bigger board? No? Keep your balance. Okay. I got it. Bye. (Goodbye, match.) - We're done for. / - Let's end it. Seyoon. - Are you holding it? / - Yes! (We're holding this too.) (My goodness.) I lost it. (Help me.) (How many times is he going in the water today?) Let go. - Let go? / - Let go. (I did.) Don't let go. My nose hurts. (But Seyoon isn't the only one struggling.) (Screaming) (Plopping) (A plopping party begins.) (He jumps in.) (I'm going in too.) - I mean... / - This doesn't work. You just get on the board - and get up in one go. / - That's right. But you can't because it's not still.
- Like this. / - Hey! - It's because he's light. / - What did I tell you? It's because he's light. Let go. (They start getting used to it.) - Go! / - Okay. Let me ride it around for a while. Bye! I told you not to get him excited! (Junghoon got excited again.) - Where is he going? / - Where are you going? Do you know what the ocean tastes like? Where is Junghoon going? (Bye) It's "The Old Man and the Sea" in 2021. ("The Old Man and the Sea", Volume 2021) (The old man sets sail) (as always.) The first players of each team, please step forward. Our first player is Trash Card. (Trash Card is stepping forward?) It's me. (Who's going against Seyoon?) That's me. Fooled you. It was me. - It was me. / - Fooled you! - It's him. / - It's me. Fooled you. It's me. - What is this? / - They're fooling around.
- Did you decide on the order? / - So who is it? - It's me. / - Yes, just go. Is it you? Okay. He doesn't stand a chance against me. This is all about balance. Your core strength. It's ridiculous. It's about how much you eat. (Rice Strength Seyoon versus Core Strength Ravi) (The match begins.) - Let go of him. / - Good luck! You won! Win it for us, Seyoon. Bye! Bye! (As the fates have decided,) (Seyoon lay on the surface of the ocean.) (I'll let you go now, surfing board.) (Ravi won without even doing anything.) You can stay on it. That was so close! (No one but him thinks it was close.) (Junghoon versus Seonho) - Let's go! / - Ready. (The match begins.) Looking good! Let's go! Let's go, "Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha"! Let's go! Let's go, "East of Eden"! You've got this! Junghoon throws the water attack! (They start splashing water.) Yes! (He was pushed off the board.) (Junghoon wins without doing anything.)
We won! (Dispirited) (Awkward) - Jongmin, you're the last one. / - Okay. It's the final match. I'll get rid of him with one stroke. (Jongmin versus DinDin) (They play in a league of their own to avoid) (winning the title of the weakest on the show.) (The hidden rivals on this show) Bring it on! With one blow. (Let's settle it today.) Start. Why don't we bring them closer together? (Declaring war) - You're in for it now. / - Let go. - Fight. / - Let's go! (Stumbling) Go! Hit me! I'll row to your side, hit you, and just... Get him! Push him off! (In the match between the two weakest ones) (It's a proper match at last.) (They went beyond the league of their own,) (and now they play a match that everyone roots for.) (They both exchanged a punch.)
(Getting exciting) Go! (He dodged it?) (Jongmin is in trouble.) (For his final shot,) (Jongmin jumps up.) (Will it work?) (Bye.) (The older one loses balance) (and falls into the water.) (The weakest DinDin has done his part.) Yes! (Team YB wins Round 2.) The third round will be the finals. - Okay. / - Okay. It's the final round, round three. I feel good. I'm going to win. (Getting competitive) - Running! Now we run. / - Running. Just not running. Please. (Why are they especially confident about running?) (Seonho wins.) (Seonho and Ravi played Balloon Tag in Pohang.) (Dashing) (The two mustangs sprint.) (If it's running, Team YB will win100-percent.) The last game of the Beach Song Sports Festival to decide who will win the meal of summer delicacies
including chogye guksu is... - Running! / - "Relay" by S.E.S? It must be simpler than we think. (Please don't be track and field.) - Let's go simple. / - Running? By splashing water... (Splash?) (It's a song of our generation at last.) (The catchy song) (Da, da, da, da) ("Dolphin" by OH MY GIRL gained lots of attention) (thanks to its catchy hook,) (though it wasn't the title track.) (You splash me again) (Showing quick feet out of joy) Running! - Running! / - I get splashed again... (And the old men who can't enjoy it) Do we run as we splash water? - You don't know this song, do you? / - I do. - What is it? / - So how do we play it? Junghoon doesn't know. It's from "Dolphin" by OH MY GIRL. In the Dolphin Game, all six members will start simultaneously. Run through the spray of water and save the dolphin in the ocean first to win the game. (So it is running.) - We won. / - The starting line... The starting line... Junghoon just said,
"We just need to block these two." You should have heard it clearly. Didn't you hear what he said? Yes. We just need to break the legs of these two. - He said, "Break." / - We'll take one leg each. Sure. (Please spare us.) Please move to the starting line. But they're so fast. Let's agree on this beforehand. Do you want to play fair or play dirty? - We should play fair. / - Is that so? Let's play dirty. - Play dirty. / - Okay. Mark Seonho. He's so fast. Seonho is so fast. We should grab him. (He never stops playing dirty.) Will we see the dolphin when we get there? - Where's the dolphin? / - It'll show itself. Which one is the dolphin? Could that be the dolphin? (Breaking through the water current) (Is it a jet ski?) You want us to catch a jet ski? How would we catch that? (Not me. This.) (I'm the dolphin!) (Save me.) Get ready! - Jongmin can't stop me. / - Grab him. (The ones who try to block)
(and the ones who try to avoid them) (Among the extreme tension) (The ace players of each team dash forward.) Get him! (How will it go?) (The ace players of each team dash forward.) Get him! (Dashing) (Junghoon and Seonho run at full speed.) (Getting physical) (Ravi started in the back to avoid the blockers.) (Spurting) (He ran from last to the lead.) (He goes into the water as if he's walking on it.) (Junghoon and Seonho follow.) No! (They can't run as the water's pretty deep.) (Then we swim!) (Ravi in the lead,) (and Junghoon right behind.) (What about Seonho?) (He was grabbed by Seyoon the moment he jumped in.) (Dropped out) (It's a 1 on 1 match between Junghoon and Ravi.) (It's a close match.) (But the dolphin is closer to Junghoon.)
(He's even swimming faster than Ravi.) (Junghoon gets his hands on the dolphin first.) (They wait for Junghoon to pass it behind him.) (Junghoon, Seyoon, and Jongmin) (Team OB just needs to pass the dolphin.) (All he needs to do is throwing it to Seyoon.) Throw it! (I can't let you.) (Team YB attacks him non-stop.) Throw it! (Seonho's steal) (He knocks it out of Junghoon's hands) (and passes.) Behind you! What? (The dolphin is closer to Ravi now.) (Team YB wins back the dolphin.) Throw it to me! (DinDin, Ravi, Seonho) (He can just pass it to DinDin!) Throw it to me! (He spots DinDin.) (I will show you my fiery pass!) (Seyoon is right behind.) (He tickles Ravi) (and throws him away.) Seyoon! (The piranhas swarm in for the plump meat.) (They close in on Seyoon.) (He has nowhere else to back off.) (Will they take his dolphin?) What are you doing? (Go, dolphin!) (Somebody, help the dolphin.) (He throws it to Jongmin, far away from the crowd.) - Hey! Take it out! / - Get it out! (We can't lose this way.)
Get it out! (Team YB follows swiftly.) (I'm not getting caught here!) (He takes the dolphin and gets out.) Bring my shoes! (Save me too.) Bring my shoes. (Jong-derella runs barefoot.) (Team OB saves the dolphin.) We won! It's going to be delicious! (The victory roar and celebration) (Sad) I jumped in first, didn't I? But I realized once I went in. "Wait. I can't swim." (He beat Junghoon after a tussle) (and jumped into the ocean.) (Right. I can't swim.) (He got captured only to drink saltwater.) It's funny that Seonho can't swim. - He was so fast. / - He was. I was like, "How do I get there?" It's been decided. Team OB wins. (Team OB gets lunch.) - Let's eat! / - I mean... I mean, Junghoon was on our team. (If only Junghoon was on our team) Junghoon was supposed to be ours. - I got goosebumps. / - Good game. - I mean... / - Look at DinDin. - He was supposed to be ours. / - Right. - Junghoon was... / - He belongs to us.
Hey! What's happening? (See how well you do without me!) He thinks that it makes him look cool. He thinks the diving pose looks cool. You can get yourself sorted and move to the lunch spot. Okay. (Moving to the lunch spot) Didn't I tell you that I can't swim? I think I told Junghoon. "Seonho, can you swim?" "No." And we were talking to each other like, "We'll run to it and just catch it." You seem frustrated about the game. I really wanted that lunch. (Seyoon is only tired.) I'm out of energy. I'm exhausted after one game. (And hunger follows fatigue.) (Tired and hungry) (The bus loaded with fatigue and hunger keeps driving.) - All right. / - Let's go. Let's go, guys. (They arrive at the lunch place.) (After a few minutes of rest) (To recover their strength after the tiring game...) Bring chogye guksu. - It's chogye guksu! / - Chogye guksu! (Here's your chogye guksu.)
(The invigorating dish of the summer, chogye guksu) (Its sweet and sour soup is peerless.) (Chogye guksu that drives away the heat) That is amazing. Goodness. - Thank you for the meal! / - My goodness. This is an invigorating dish. Let's try the soup. (The soup first) - Is it good? / - What's it like? (It's cold.) The soup is no joke. It's so good. (Drinking from the bowl) (Exclaiming) (How does it taste?) (Amazed) What's it like? You know when you're thirsty and crave soda? This is what you need. This is it. Just drink this. You're the last Can we show you in the order of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd levels? - Sure. / - We'll start from Level One. - Level 1. / - Level 1. It must be refreshing. You can't get this anywhere else. - Is that the regular size? / - Regular. How is it? How is it? (He briefly expresses it.) Now Level Two. - I'm Level Two. / - That's the bigger one. Yes, I have more noodles. - Eat it with the chicken. / - This is chicken. The soup and chicken stock...
Level Two. Level Three will be... Can you hurry up? (I'm hungry, so speed it up.) - All right. / - Okay. (Here goes Noodle-eater Jongmin.) (Noodle-eater Jongmin slurping the noodles) Jongmin. (All eyes on him) You gain weight because you eat so deliciously. (His 6kg weight gain had a reason.) Now the main event. He seems ready to eat. He's holding the noodles already. (An extraordinary amount) Soak it in. Just like Seonho in the sea earlier. Soak the noodles in the soup like, "Wait. I can't swim." Here we go. (The exciting first bite) (Slurp) (Another slurp) We need to listen to Seyoon's evaluation. He eats so well. (Shutting his eyes) Tell us what it tastes like. Let me have another bite. The soup is amazing. It's made of chicken stock, and it's fantastic. - Tell them. / - Seyoon. Describe the taste. We're all exhausted, right? We lack vigor since we broke a sweat and played in the water.
By drinking the broth that's got mustard and vinegar, it brings up our energy. It tastes very refreshing. It's invigorating. (The best invigorating dish of the summer) - I wanted to taste that. / - Try the buckwheat crepe. And the tofu kimchi. (Having a bite of the chewy buckwheat crepe) - It looks delicious. / - It's got meat. (A big bite of tofu kimchi) He put all of it in a mouthful. (Lost) (in chogye guksu) Look at him. It's tougher because we played in the water. We also prepared special dishes that suit the theme of the Summer Song Festival for the other three. (Shaved ice) I want shaved ice. (Shaved ice with sweet red beans on top) There's naengmyeon too. (Naengmyeon) (A bowl of cold naengmyeon?) (Their wishful thinking of eating whole chicken soup) (Why would we give you that?) The special dish for the three is based on the song by SISTAR, the summer queens. It's "Shake It". (If it's "Shake It", could it be)
Is it a protein shake? - Or milkshake? / - I like that. Milkshake? - Maybe. / - Please bring in the "Shake It' food. Do we have to shake it? What is it? (Startled) That's the old box lunch. Box lunch? (Box lunches?) - No way. / - It's 2.9 dollars at the cart bar. (Today's losing team's lunch) (The nickel-silver box lunches from the old days) - That's a delicious meal. / - What's going on? - It's hot. / - It is hot! Should we shake it before opening it? (Shaking the box lunches) I smell sesame oil. - I smell sesame oil. / - I do smell sesame oil! (It smells savory.) - Can we open it? / - Let's open it. In 1, 2, 3. (Opening them) (The plentiful box lunch from back in the day) (From there,) (we took out the main ingredients.) It's got stir-fried anchovies and kimchi. - Awesome. / - Gosh. - What? / - No way. This is as good as the winner's lunch. You've consumed a lot of energy in the water, so we prepared a dish that's high in calories. (Some calories for them, who worked under the heat) There should be pink sausages and a fried egg on top.
Don't be arrogant. How dare you speak of that? We're grateful enough that we're getting food. Losers can't complain. It looks tasty. (They slowly savor it.) What? It's so delicious. What? It tastes good, but I'm getting choked. Am I right? It's a little too dry. Some soup would be nice. (Showing his true intentions) I'm getting choked up. (He said it three times already.) (Gosh.) It is good, but I feel bad for them. Can we give something to at least one? Let him at least taste the soup. A song quiz, perhaps? Yes. You can play it a little, and we'll guess. Then we'll give you the soup of chogye guksu. But you guess from the introduction. - Good. / - Good. The 1st person to guess 3 right. - Okay. / - First, we'll start with the easiest one. I think the first one to raise his hand will get the answer. Here it goes. (The sound of waves?) You should know this! - You have to know this. / - It's the sea! - You really don't know? / - Is it the sound of waves? (They really seem to have no clue.)
I'll play longer. You heard the waves. People get it immediately when they hear that part. - Exactly. / - If we guess it first, - That's a good idea. / - can we not give you the soup? - Sure. / - That's great. (The crew challenges them to secure the soup!) (Okay, come at us.) (They end up with more enemies.) Noh Jinyoung. "In Summer" by Deux. "In Summer". Correct! ("In Summer" by Deux) She can't read the mood. Gosh, Jinyoung! You should've known the song! I didn't know! How can I guess it just from the wave sound? Am I Lee Hyundo? For now, they scored a point. If they score two more points, you won't have any soup. - Okay! / - That's the deal. Please play more recent songs. Here's the second song. I'll play it right away. Get it right. Let's go! (Ddugudus?) (Ddugudus?) - This is so easy! / - Gosh, this... - This is so easy! / - I got it. - Noh Jinyoung. / - Jinyoung. Jinyoung! - This is so easy! / - I got it. (It's Jinyoung again.) Please read the mood! If you get it right, you score two points. Noh Jin Young, what's the answer? "Kong Ddari Sha Bah Rah". "Kong Ddari Sha Bah Rah". Sorry, but say it accurately.
- "Kong Ddari" / - "Kong". (They're ready to steal the answer) (if she gets it wrong.) Noh Jinyoung, wrong! - DinDin! / - Wrong! - DinDin! / - DinDin! - "Kung Ddari Sha Bah Rah"! / - DinDin. Correct! (DinDin steals the answer.) Of course I got it right! I got it right! I can even dance! (I can dance.) - Let's stop here. / - Good job! - DinDin. / - Good job! Stealing answers is a skill too. DinDin, you score one point. But let's play as a team match for this. Play as one team. - A team match? / - As a team. Yes, DinDin is right with this. - Exactly. / - I agree! Let's play as a team match. If you're scared, forget it. You're doing great. - Jinyoung kept raising her hand / - You're doing fine. just now. If you're scared, forget it. I'm just worried that you won't be able to eat. - Let's do it then! / - That's nonsense. - We couldn't eat anyway. / - Goodness. Not being able to eat? We're used to that. - Being tired, not eating, / - She can beat them. No, let's play together. Everyone as a group! Let's show them what collective intelligence is. - The crew against us. / - Okay. - Okay! / - Let's go. (YB versus the crew, who will be the winners?)
- The whole group. / - Play songs that are released very recently. "Kung Ddari Sha Bah Rah" is not a recent song! You said you'll play recent songs! You said you'll play recent songs! Isn't "Kung Ddari Sha Bah Rah" a recent song? - I don't think I was even born. / - Then I'll do this. I won't restrict it to summer songs. - Okay! / - Okay, let's go. I'll play a song - that everyone knows. / - Play a popular song. Okay. This is the battle of speed. Focus. Next song. The match between the production crew - and Generation MZ! / - Gosh, this... - DinDin! / - DinDin. (Will he get it in 1 second?) - I know this song. / - DinDin! DinDin. In 3, - two, one. / - Hold on. Stop with the countdown. - Wrong! / - That... Next. Two Days. (A crew member shouted his name.) "Shaky Friendship" by Hong Kyungmin. Hong Kyungmin. Correct! - Hong Kyungmin. Correct! / - Gosh! - What is it? / - Goodness. Hong Kyungmin. (Director Jeon, born in 1986, the same age as Seonho) (Back to work) - What song is it again? / - "Shaky Friendship". You said you'll play a recent song! Nice, it's "Shaky Friendship"! Get in your positions. "Shaky Friendship". - It is not recent. / - Friendship is over. The songs are so different from what I expected. - We need to follow the majority. / - Gosh.
I'm sorry, but let us use the youngest writer chance. How would we know "Shaky Friendship"? Now. We accept the youngest writer chance. - Okay. Get ready. / - Okay! Okay. You should show me first. Jung Hyun, just follow your vibe. A very recent song, please. Here it goes. (The third question with chogye soup on the line) Okay. This is a song chosen by Junghyun. Here it goes. - Is it a song I know? / - You don't know this. - What is it? / - Okay, here it goes. DinDin! (DinDin is so sure.) "Travel" by BOL4! - He's right! / - BOL4, - I'm right. / - Let's leave... (He fails to keep a poker face.) - I'm right! I got it right away! / - Let's leave... - You're wearing a red shirt today! / - Okay! - DinDin, correct! / - Yes! See, she doesn't have a clue! She doesn't have a clue! She only knows "Kung Ddari Sha Bah Rah"! He's right! (They made good use of the youngest writer chance.) - It's 2 to 2. / - It's 2 to 2. This is the last question. This is 1 to 1, and we're only left with one question. I'm sure everyone would've played this song in summer and driven excitedly. - That's what I think. / - But the generation...
You'll get it right away. Here it is. (Hurrah!) Hurrah, swallowtail. Seonho. "Swallowtail" by Kim Heung Guk. - He doesn't have a clue. / - Sit down. That song's too old. Nobody? Oh, Two Days. - I got it. / - What's the answer? "Bingo" by Turtles. I think he really can't read the mood. - Ravi! / - I think he seriously cannot read the mood. (He always does his best in everything.) - Ravi! / - Ravi. "Airplane" by Turtles. "Airplane" by Turtles versus "Bingo" by Turtles. You both know "Bingo" by Turtles and "Airplane", right? I think that was - a fair song choice. / - "Bingo". Let's check the song. The answer is Turtles' "Bingo"! ("Bingo" by Turtles, released in 2004) (I got it!) - ♪ I feel happy ♪ / - ♪ So I sing a song ♪ In 1, 2, 3, 4. Isn't this your first time on the show? - No? / - He's been here since forever. - Really? / - He's been here since forever. With that, the soup of chogye guksu disappears like a midsummer night's dream! You fail! - The production crew wins! / - But
this feels worse than competing against each other. - Right? / - It does feel worse. I thought we were family, but now they're strangers. You dug your own grave. You suggested this. - Yes. / - That's right. You suggested a team match. - I saw them in a new light. / - We played right away. They said they're going to play recent songs, I realized that they are much older than me. (A tall wall of generation gap) (The eventful lunch is over.) I'll tell you a notice. (Is there something else?) We're in the midst of the Summer Song Festival. To make the festival more fun, we have very special... - Guest? / - Guest? - guest singers. / - Guest singers? Amazing. (There are guest singers as well?) They are one of the most popular singers nowadays. - Nowadays? / - Is it Brave Girls? - Amazing. / - Brave Girls is coming here? (Is it really Brave Girls,) (the legend of climbing back up the chart?) ITZY. (Or is it ITZY?) Nice. Aespa! - Next level / - Aespa. They will hit the summer of 2021 in pink.
- BLACKPINK. / - Today's special guests. - The year 2021? / - If it's pink, it's BLACKPINK! Apink? We really had a hard time inviting them. - But they are very shy, / - BLACKPINK. so I would like two members to go - and bring them here. / - They're shy? There must be some lovey-dovey thing waiting there. (Smiling) - Can I brush my teeth? / - Why are you smiling? (Why are you smiling?) - Why is he smiling like this? / - Who else is pink? Basically, I think it's a girl group. I'll go. - They picked two people / - Who? to come and fetch them. You think it's you, right? I'm quite confident. - My gosh! / - As expected. My goodness! We should've drawn lots or something. - Gosh. / - This is unfair. - Now. / - I have no chance. The two people they picked - They picked. / - to come and fetch them - Please. / - are... Ravi. They must be close with Ravi. They picked the youngest. - They must be close with him. / - I don't like this. - They must be friends. / - They must be friends. Amazing, this feels good. - Amazing, this feels good. / - There's one more?
And there's one more. Call my name now. (Who is the last person) (to get the chance to be lovey-dovey?) - It's Moon Seyoon. / - What? (Really?) - Me? / - Because if only Ravi's there, it might not be funny. - That's why. / - Because they'll be too quiet? Two of you can leave right now and bring them here. Just two of us? - Yes. / - Really? - Let's go! / - Who are they? Is it Z Young? - Why would you say that? / - Pink? - She said it's a "they". / - Two? - Pink and two? / - Seyoon, go make them laugh. Two people in pink? If they are being this secretive, should I not bother with brushing my teeth? Please set up the stage, and we'll position the cameras as well. (They set up the stage for the invited guests.) The stage looks really pretty considering how fast they set it up. (The stage is set up in an instant.) This reminds me of the music show stages back in my days. They set up the stages like this - in summer. / - That's right. - The guests are ready now. / - Yes! Shall we invite them in? - Okay. Please come in! / - Please come in! Who are you? (Who are the guest singers that will hit the summer)
(in pink that came to Summer Song Festival?) Please come in! - They must be wearing pink, right? / - Yes. - What? / - What's that? (Four ladies in pink wigs hiding their faces) What's that? (enter the stage.) Who are they? You're dancers, right? You're dancers, right? - You're dancers, right? / - You're dancers, right? (Unexpectedly having try-not-to-laugh challenge) (They find their positions while trying not to laugh.) (If they are dancers fully covered in pink) BLACKPINK? (Is it really BLACKPINK?) BLACKPINK? (Sighing) This is the worst. I'm so tired. BLACKPINK? (The person is too big) (to be BLACKPINK.) (Seyoon?) (Today's guest singer is Bookku Ddoong.) (A newbie singer who debuted one week ago) (Comedian Moon Seyoon's pinkish alter ego) Did he fool us? Why are we doing this? (They did not know about his debut as a singer.) (Let's watch Bookku Ddoong's stage now.)
- Whose song is this? / - What's this? (I'm Bookku Ddoong.) (Shocked) ("Shy Ddoong" by Bookku Ddoong) (Trying to get a grasp on the situation) He's good! - Isn't this Seyoon's song? / - Exactly. Did he release an album? (They're starting to realize the situation.) (So this means) (there is no other guest singer, right?) (Big disappointment) (He continues regardless.) (Shy) Let's clap for him at least. (The bare minimum of camaraderie) (Charming) (Thanks for the support.) (They just laugh.) (A new face) (Pink Puppy enters.) (They are doing so many things.) Let's at least clap for them. (Expressing the lyrics at the back) (Bubble special effect) (We specially prepared a 100 percent manual one.)
(His solo stage again) - He's good! / - You're cute, Bookku Ddoong! - You're so fair, Bookku Ddoong! / - He has a fan club! Bookku Ddoong, you're the best! Why is the stage pretty? The stage is pretty! (He ends the performance with his specialty.) - Yes! / - Yes! ("Shy Ddoong" by Bookku Ddoong, featuring Ravi) (The end.) What happened? Hold on. What happened? Come here for an interview. He's very shy, so... I see, he must be very shy. (The shy guest is Seyoon?) Gosh, look at him sweating! It's really hot, right? - I mean... / - What's this? What happened? - Hello. / - Say hello first. I'm a rookie singer, Bookku Ddoong. Bookku Bookku! (The reactions of true friends) - Gosh. / - Someone save him please! The necklace is digging into his skin! - So he... / - Excuse me, - but can you show us your eyes? / - Okay. I thought you were an Old English Sheepdog. - We're here as guest singers. / - I see. Is there really no other guest singer? - This is it? / - Yes. I'm here as a big-sized guest singer. (A big-sized guest singer)
What project is this? Please explain. What is happening? You won't know on the day of filming, but by the time this episode airs, he'd have already debuted. It's been one week since my debut. (He's a new singer) (who is still shy on his way to work,) (but he successfully finished the first music show.) (Shy) As you all know, Seyoon always said this to me like a habit. - "Write me a song." / - "Ravi." "When you have time, write a song for me." "It's on my bucket list." - Yes. / - After hearing that, I decided to write a song for him. I thought it'd be good to write a song based on what he often says. He always finds people difficult - He's shy. / - and is always worried. - Gosh. / - Did Ravi actually invest in this? No, Seyoon paid for it. (Self-investment) With your own money? - For your bucket list? / - You used your own money? - Yes. / - He's amazing. - I really admire his passion. / - Yes. - Yes. / - I think it's not bad - to use your own money / - He can give it a go. - to do what you want. / - Yes. Of course! - It was visually very shocking, / - I...
but the song is really good! (The chorus is quite catchy.) That's all you need to know. (I'm actually quite shy) - It's catchy. / - Let's make a promise. - What? / - Let's go with the chart ranking! - Okay. / - Regardless of which chart. It's really hard to enter the top 100. It's hard. - If it enters the top 100. / - Yes. What do you want to do? Aren't we a team? I'm just featuring on the song. If it enters top 100, you'll earn a lot of copyright royalties. - Right? / - He's smiling. - We're in this together. / - He's really liking it. Actually, I don't know if this counts as a promise, but I personally wanted him to actually dye his hair pink. (Actually dying his hair pink instead of wearing a wig) - Deal! / - But he - Here / - Right at this place, - dye your eyebrows pink. / - Deal! Even your eyebrows. Okay, I'll do it. - And / - At this place, I'll do it with Ravi. - Why me? / - No, Ravi... - Half since he's half in it. / - Since he's featuring, - just get a highlight. / - Okay. - Okay. / - A pink highlight! Okay! Ranking is not important, but we'll still make the promise. (Please show a lot of support for Bookku Ddoong.) Let's move to enjoy the festival more. (I'm actually quite shy)
The camera's making me shy. Take it away! I did want to tell you about the project, - but I held it in. / - Why? - Yyou didn't tell us. / - I wanted to show it today. - You wanted to show it at once? / - Yes, I did. I actually didn't have the time to tell you because it's been less than one month - since we started on this. / - Amazing. - We really worked fast on it. / - Producer Ravi. I suggested it to him first. When we met up, as a joke, I said, "Give me a song you threw into the bin." "Give me a 30-dollar song, not a 300-dollar song." - But you said that every day. / - I was just joking. He said that so many times. And he suddenly called me. - Ravi called? / - Suddenly. He sang the song himself. When I played it, I thought, "I must do this." I asked him to meet and we got to work immediately. That's less than a month ago. (Bookku Ddoong was created in a flash.) He sent me the recording, and I played it to my wife. And she was about to cry. - Really? / - Why? - Why? / - Because it's so good? - She said the lyrics are so sad. / - She's right. She's right, the lyrics are sad. (Please don't ask why I'm eating again) (This is my first meal of the day) (I woke up early in the morning) (And after working busily)
(I was finally going to take a breather) (I live fiercely every day too) I told her, "Ravi wrote the lyrics based on my story." And she found it sad. With this quality, I can really say that you put in a lot of effort. Seyoon wanted to be serious about it. Seyoon really liked the music video that he filmed, - so he watched it 2,000 times. / - Really? When you use your money to do something, it's fun. That's right. - Honestly... / - If someone else pays for me, - it gives you so much pressure. / - That's right. You must be speaking from experience. Of course! I wouldn't have met Ravi if it weren't for this show. - That's right. / - Yes. We showcased the performance for the first time here. It's really meaningful. - That's right. / - You're right. - It's so nice. / - So... (They met each other for the first time) (in 2 Days 1 Night.) (They laughed and cried together for almost 2 years.) (Before they realized,) (they became very special to each other.) (For Seyoon's small dream,) (who likes singing and dancing,) (they discussed it whenever they were filming.)
(They made time to practice even when they were busy.) (A priceless and precious result) (they made with their effort) Release a few more singles - and go for a mini album! / - Yes. And let's take turns being the singer. Make one for me too. (The singer in his 14th year is slightly jealous.) For the topic, let's go with taking a walk. We can change it to "I actually walk quite well". (I actually walk quite well) (Although I look like I have a weak heart) (Pounding) I have one for Junghoon too! (I actually get drunk quite easily) (My right hand trembles) (Laughing) - I have tremors. / - Hand tremors. (I actually sing quite well) (Singing) (Everyone is having fun on the way to the base camp.) (Next episode) (Summer Song Festival, the second story) (The real festival starts now!) (Shocking event) (Six energetic men's) (passionate festival) (But this festival) (is getting more and more strange.) (Attendance: DinDin, Moon Seyoon, Kim Seonho) (Attendance: Kim Jongmin, Youn Junghoon, Ravi)
(The game has started.) (Alliance) (or) (betrayal) (Suspicious festivals) (threatening them) (And a twist of fate placed in front of them) (How will this festival end?) (See you again next time.) ("TRIGGER" by VERIVERY)
Watch, read, educate! © 2021